At a Glance
Palm Beach Day Academy is an accredited, independent, coeducational, non-sectarian day school serving more than 575 students in Pre-Primary (2 years old) through the ninth grade.
PBDA was established in 1921 as the first independent school in the state of Florida.
PBDA is accredited by FCIS, a member of NAIS and SAIS, and an annual recipient of FAU’s Green School of Excellence award since the program’s inauguration in 2008.
We are committed to keeping pace with technological developments and creating a 21st century learning environment.
Our Lower Campus (age 2 through grade 3) is located on the Intracoastal Waterway in central West Palm Beach.
The Upper Campus (grades 4 through 9) is located 1.3 miles away on the island of Palm Beach.
We are proud of our accreditations, memberships and affiliations, all of which recognize the standard of excellence that we maintain at Palm Beach Day Academy.
- Florida Council of Independent Schools
Members & Affiliations
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Center for Spiritual and Ethical Education
- Educational Records Bureau
- Secondary School Admissions Test Board
- Association of Independent School Admission Professionals
- Independent School Management
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Green School of Excellence
- Silver Level Everglades Champion School
- Let’s Move Active Schools National Award
The foundation of our program is the education of our students in an academically challenging and compassion-rich environment that guides each child toward personal excellence of mind, body and character.