Meet The Faculty
At PBDA, we pride ourselves on truly knowing our students, nurturing their growth from to grade, and supporting them as they mature into unique and confident individuals. Maintaining a low student-teacher ratio encourages strong relationships in the classroom and on the field, and allows our teachers and coaches to serve as mentors and advisors.
- Administrative Assistants
- Business Office
- Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement
- Student Success Team
- B.A., Loyola University, Chicago
- M.A.T. National Louis University
- Master of Arts, Literacy Education, New York University
Katie Segerdahl teaches 5th Grade English and Reading and is a Learning Specialist on the Upper Campus, and has been at PBDA since 2021. She graduated with a B.A. from Loyola University, Chicago, Master of Arts in Teaching from National Louis University , and a Master of Arts, Literacy Education from New York University. Prior to PBDA, Katie has worked in private, independent schools for 17 years.
- (561) 832-8815 Ext. 248
- B.A., Sociology Miami University
- Early Childhood and Special Education Fordham University
- W.D.P. Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner
Rebecca is the head of the Student Success Team on the Lower Campus, and has been at PBDA since 2020. She graduated with a B.A. in Sociology from Miami University, and has a M.Ed. in Early Childhood and Special Education from Fordham University. Rebecca is a certified Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner. Prior to PBDA, Rebecca was a New York City Special Education classroom teacher and an Academic Intervention Support Teacher.
- (561) 832-8815
- B.A. Political Science and German McDaniel College
- Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification (PK-6) SUNY Buffalo State College
- M.S. Exceptional Student Education SUNY Buffalo State College
- NY/FL Professional Teacher Certification PK-6, ESE PK-12
Courtney Ellender teaches and supports students and teachers in the area of Math for grades K-3 and has been at PBDA since 2006. She graduated from McDaniel College (MD) with a B.A. degree in Political Science and German, completed a teacher certification program at SUNY College at Buffalo, and obtained her M. Ed. in Exceptional Student Education from SUNY College at Buffalo. Courtney is the parent of Ashton 2020 and Kiley 2024.
- (561) 655-1188
- B.S. Special & Elementary Education State University of New York at Geneseo
- M.A. Reading Specialist Teachers College, Columbia University
- New York State Certification in Special Education (Pre-K-12), Elementary Education (Pre-K-6) and Reading (Pre-K-12); Certified Instructor: Wilson Reading System
- Certified Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner
Shana is the Director of Student Learning and she oversees the academic support program for both campuses. She also works with students in Grades 6-9 as a learning specialist. Shana taught at PBDA from 2001-2007 and she returned to her current role in 2016. Prior to returning to PBDA, she owned a private practice and worked as a learning specialist for 9 years. She graduated with a M.A. in Reading Education from Columbia University – Teachers College, and a B.S. in Special & Elementary Education from the State University of New York at Geneseo. She is also a Certified Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner. Shana is the parent of Nikolai 2021, Bohdan 2024, and Mirek 2026.
- BSN Indiana State University
- M.S.N. APRN (Student) Nova Southeastern University
- Combat Medic U.S. Army
- CPR/ACLS Certified, Registered Nurse
Angela Hampton is the School Nurse on the Lower Campus and has been at PBDA since 2020. Having graduated with a B.S.N from Indiana State University, she is a Registered Nurse and holds the certification in BLS, ACLS, First Aid. She is a United States Army Veteran serving during wartime at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in D.C. She served with the American Red Cross in Korea and Germany as an OR/ER Nurse, and trains in her off time in the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner setting in the West Palm Beach VA Emergency Department. She is the parent of Thierry 2030 and Milan Hampton 2032.
- B.S. / Early Childhood Education Auburn University
- M.A. / Early Childhood Education Florida State University
- Wilson Language Certified
- Certified Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner
Anne Methe is part of the Student Success Team on the Lower Campus and has been with PBDA since 1987. She graduated with a B.S. in Early Childhood Ed. from Auburn University and a M.Ed from Florida State University.
- (561) 655-1188
- B.S. Political Science, Florida State University
- Masters, Wilson Reading, Fitchburg State University
Penny Parent supports 4th and 5th grades on Upper Campus, and has been at PBDA since 2020. She graduated with a B.S. from Florida State University, and continued her education becoming Certified in Wilson Wilson Reading from Fitchburg State University. Prior to PBDA, she supported students at The Kings Academy, as well as, private instruction for almost 10 years. Penny is the parent of Kaiya and Declan Parent.
- (561) 655-1188 ext. 114
- B.S. Biology University of Puget Sound
- B.S.N. Nursing South University
- CPR certified, Registered Nurse
Carrie has been the school nurse for PBDA since 2009 and attended PBDA as a student, graduating with the class of 1992. She graduated from South University with a BSN in Nursing after completing her BS in Biology at University of Puget Sound. She worked in PACU, Surgical, Hospice and Home Health Nursing prior to starting at PBDA. She is the parent of Lucy 2021.
- B.A. English SUNY Geneseo
- M.S. School Guidance & Counseling Nova Southeastern University
- Florida State Professional Certification in School Counseling - PK-12
Deena is the School Counselor who services students and families on both campuses, and has been at PBDA since 2011. She graduated with a B.A. in English from SUNY Geneseo, and a M.S. in School Guidance and Counseling from Nova Southeastern University. Prior to PBDA, she worked as a the Choice Program Coordinator for the School District of Palm Beach County for 6 years. Deena is the parent of Mila 2030 and Gil 2032.