Meet The Faculty
At PBDA, we pride ourselves on truly knowing our students, nurturing their growth from to grade, and supporting them as they mature into unique and confident individuals. Maintaining a low student-teacher ratio encourages strong relationships in the classroom and on the field, and allows our teachers and coaches to serve as mentors and advisors.
- Administrative Assistants
- Business Office
- Development & Alumni Relations
- Student Success Team
- (561) 832-8815 Ext. 248
- B.A., Sociology Miami University
- Early Childhood and Special Education Fordham University
In 2014, Rebecca earned a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology from Miami University. She went on to earn a Master’s degree from Fordham University in Teaching Early Childhood and Special Education in 2016. Rebecca began her career in the New York City Department of Education where she taught Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Second Grade. In addition to being a special education classroom teacher, she also took on the role of being a Academic Intervention Service teacher to support Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade students in literacy and math.
- (561) 832-8815
- B.A. Political Science and German McDaniel College
- Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification (PK-6) SUNY Buffalo State College
- M.S. Exceptional Student Education SUNY Buffalo State College
- NY/FL Professional Teacher Certification PK-6, ESE PK-12
Courtney Ellender is the Lower Campus Elementary Math Specialist. She has been at PBDA since 2007. Courtney graduated with a B.A. in Political Science and German from McDaniel College, completed a 2-year elementary teacher certification program and a received an M.S. in Exceptional Student Education from State University of New York – Buffalo State College. She holds New York and Florida state teacher certification in – Elementary Education Pre-K – 6 / ESE, Pre-K – 12. Courtney is the parent of Ashton 2021 and Kiley 2025.
- (561) 655-1188
- B.S. Special & Elementary Education State University of New York at Geneseo
- M.A. Reading Specialist Teachers College, Columbia University
- New York State Certification in Special Education (Pre-K-12), Elementary Education (Pre-K-6) and Reading (Pre-K-12); Certified Instructor: Wilson Reading System
Shana Dutkewych is the Director of Student Learning Services and has been at PBDA since 2001. Having graduated with a B.S. in Special & Elementary Education from the State University of New York at Geneseo, and a M.A. in Reading Education from Teachers College, Columbia University, she also holds a New York State Certification in Special Education, Elementary Education and Reading and is a Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner. She works as a learning specialist with students in grades 6-9, teaches 6th Grade Study Skills, and serves as an 8th Grade Advisor. Shana is the parent of Nikolai 2021, Bohdan 2024, and Mirek 2026.
- BSN Indiana State University
- M.S.N. APRN (Student) Nova Southeastern University
- Combat Medic U.S. Army
- CPR/ACLS Certified, Registered Nurse
Angela Hampton is the School Nurse on the Lower Campus and has been at PBDA since 2020. Having graduated with a B.S.N from Indiana State University, she is a Registered Nurse and holds the certification in BLS, ACLS, First Aid, Combat Medic, Reiki, Battlefield Acupuncture, and Bloodborne Pathogen Training. She is a United States Army Veteran serving during wartime at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in D.C.. She served with the American Red Cross in Korea and Germany as an OR/ER Nurse, and is the parent of Thierry 2030 and Milan Hampton 2032.
- B.S. / Early Childhood Education Auburn University
- M.A. / Early Childhood Education Florida State University
- Wilson Language Certified -WDP Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner
Anne Methe is a Lower Campus Learning Specialist, and has been at PBDA since 1987. Although she retired in 2017, she has returned after 35 years of teaching PBDA Kindergartners to offer academic support to Lower Campus students. Anne graduated with a B.S. in Early Childhood Education from Auburn University, and a M.A. in Early Childhood Education from Florida State University. She is Wilson Language Certified and is a Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner. Anne is parent to Alumni Bradley Methe ’05 and Stephen Methe ’06.
- (561) 655-1188
Penny is a Learning Specialist on PBDA’s SST team and joined PBDA in 2020. She grew up in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida and graduated from Florida State University. Penny has a daughter, Kaiya, and a son, Declan. September, she had her son Declan. In her downtime, Penny enjoys fishing and paddleboarding.
- (561) 655-1188 ext. 114
- B.S. Biology University of Puget Sound
- B.S.N. Nursing South University
- CPR certified, Registered Nurse
Carrie Pateman is the School Nurse on the Upper Campus and has been at PBDA since 2010. Having graduated with a B.S. in Biology from the University of Puget Sound, and with a B.S.N. in Nursing from South University, she is a Registered Nurse and holds certification in BLS, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogen Training. She is the 8th Grade Lead Advisor, and is a member of the Support Services Team. A 1992 PBDA Alumna, Carrie is also the parent of Lucy 2022.
- B.A. English SUNY Geneseo
- M.S. School Guidance & Counseling Nova Southeastern University
- Florida State Professional Certification in School Counseling - PK-12
Deena Sobel is the School Counselor and has been at PBDA since 2011. Having earned a B.A. in English from SUNY Geneseo and a M.S. in School Guidance and Counseling from Nova Southeastern University, she also holds Florida State Certification in School Counseling -PK – 12. In addition to her work as School Counselor, she also serves as an 8th Grade Advisor. Deena the parent of Mia, 2030.