Meet The Faculty
At PBDA, we pride ourselves on truly knowing our students, nurturing their growth from to grade, and supporting them as they mature into unique and confident individuals. Maintaining a low student-teacher ratio encourages strong relationships in the classroom and on the field, and allows our teachers and coaches to serve as mentors and advisors.
- Administrative Assistants
- Enrollment Committee
- Business Office
- Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement
- Student Success Team
- (561) 832-8815
- B.S. Human Development and Family Studies Texas Tech University
- Early Childhood - 4th Grade Teaching Certification; Gifted and Talented Endorsement
Lindsay Kosarek serves as a Reading Specialist with PBDA’s Student Success Team. Prior to this role, she taught Kindergarten on the Lower Campus. She has been at PBDA since 2014. Having graduated with a B.S. in Human Development and Family Studies from Texas Tech University, she also holds an Early Childhood – 4th Grade Teaching Certification and a Gifted and Talented Endorsement.
- (561) 655-1188 ext. 127
- B.S. Nursing Hartwick College
Patti Griffin is the School Nurse on the Upper Campus. Prior to this, she serves as an Athletics teacher and Coach at PBDA, and has been with the school since 2006. She graduated with a B.S. in Nursing from Hartwick College. In addition to teaching Upper School Athletics, she is the 6th Grade Lead Advisor. Patti is the parent of Emily 2009, Nicholas 2011, Quinn 2016 and Kate 2020.
- (561) 832-8815 Ext. 248
- B.A., Sociology Miami University
- Early Childhood and Special Education Fordham University
- W.D.P. Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner
Rebecca is the Director of the Student Success Team at PBDA where she oversees both campuses. Prior to this role, Rebecca serves as head of the Student Success Team on the Lower Campus, and has been at PBDA since 2020. She graduated with a B.A. in Sociology from Miami University, and has a M.Ed. in Early Childhood and Special Education from Fordham University. Rebecca is a certified Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner. Prior to PBDA, Rebecca was a New York City Special Education classroom teacher and an Academic Intervention Support Teacher.
- (561) 832-8815
- B.A. Political Science and German McDaniel College
- Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification (PK-6) SUNY Buffalo State College
- M.S. Exceptional Student Education SUNY Buffalo State College
- NY/FL Professional Teacher Certification PK-6, ESE PK-12
Courtney Ellender teaches and supports students and teachers in the area of Math for grades K-3 and has been at PBDA since 2006. She graduated from McDaniel College (MD) with a B.A. degree in Political Science and German, completed a teacher certification program at SUNY College at Buffalo, and obtained her M. Ed. in Exceptional Student Education from SUNY College at Buffalo. Courtney is the parent of Ashton 2020 and Kiley 2024.
- BSN Indiana State University
- M.S.N. APRN (Student) Nova Southeastern University
- Combat Medic U.S. Army
- CPR/ACLS Certified, Registered Nurse
Angela Hampton is the School Nurse on the Lower Campus and has been at PBDA since 2020. Having graduated with a B.S.N from Indiana State University, she is a Registered Nurse and holds the certification in BLS, ACLS, First Aid. She is a United States Army Veteran serving during wartime at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in D.C. She served with the American Red Cross in Korea and Germany as an OR/ER Nurse, and trains in her off time in the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner setting in the West Palm Beach VA Emergency Department. She is the parent of Thierry 2030 and Milan Hampton 2032.
- B.S. / Early Childhood Education Auburn University
- M.A. / Early Childhood Education Florida State University
- Wilson Language Certified
- Certified Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner
Anne Methe is part of the Student Success Team on the Lower Campus and has been with PBDA since 1987. She graduated with a B.S. in Early Childhood Ed. from Auburn University and a M.Ed from Florida State University.
- (561) 655-1188
- B.S. Political Science, Florida State University
- Masters, Wilson Reading, Fitchburg State University
Penny Parent is the Director of the Student Success Team (SST) on the Upper Campus. Prior to this role, she supported 4th and 5th grades on Upper Campus as a learning specialist, and has been at PBDA since 2020. She graduated with a B.S. from Florida State University, and continued her education becoming Certified in Wilson Wilson Reading from Fitchburg State University. Prior to PBDA, she supported students at The Kings Academy, as well as, private instruction for almost 10 years. Penny is the parent of Kaiya and Declan Parent.
- B.A., Loyola University, Chicago
- M.A.T. National Louis University
- Master of Arts, Literacy Education, New York University
Katie Segerdahl is a Learning Specialist on the Upper Campus, and has been at PBDA since 2021. She has also taught 5th Grade English and Reading at PBDA. She graduated with a B.A. from Loyola University, Chicago, has her Master of Arts in Teaching from National Louis University, and a Master of Arts, Literacy Education from New York University. Prior to PBDA, Katie has worked in private, independent schools for 18 years.
- B.A. English SUNY Geneseo
- M.S. School Guidance & Counseling Nova Southeastern University
- Florida State Professional Certification in School Counseling - PK-12
Deena is the School Counselor who services students and families on both campuses, and has been at PBDA since 2011. She graduated with a B.A. in English from SUNY Geneseo, and a M.S. in School Guidance and Counseling from Nova Southeastern University. Prior to PBDA, she worked as a the Choice Program Coordinator for the School District of Palm Beach County for 6 years. Deena is the parent of Mila 2030 and Gil 2032.