- Coral Project
- Bulldog Blog
- Bulldog Den
Holiday Season Music – 2018
Posted on: November 19, 2018
This is the season for PBDA’s student musicians and singers to be found in public appearances around Palm Beach and West Palm Beach, and right here at school. Mark your calendars and enjoy holiday season performaces by PBDA’s Lower School Chorus, Bulldog Chorus and the 5th & 9th Grade Handbells Choruses, directed by Annette Johnson and Robyn Huff.
• November 19, 6:00 p.m. at City Place – 5th Grade, 9th Grade Handbells & Bulldog Chorus
• November 27, 5:00 p.m. at Worth Avenue Esplanade – “Santa is Here” – Lower School Chorus
• December 8, 2:00 p.m. at the American German Club for the Christkindlmarkt – 5th Grade and 9th Grade Handbells & Bulldog Chorus
• December 13, 6:30 p.m. at the Halmos Activities Center – Kindergarten-3rd Grade Winter Concert
• December 18, 10:30 a.m. at Noreen McKeen Residence – Lower School Chorus
• December 20, 1:45 p.m. the 5th Grade and 9th Grade Handbells will perform at the Pageant
• December 21, 11:00 a.m. at the All School Sing in the Smith Family Theater – 4th Grade Recorders, Bulldog Chorus, 5th Grade Steel Drums and Handbells.
• January 23, 5:30 p.m. at the South Florida Fair, Community Stage – The 6th Grade Percussion Ensemble
Outstanding Music Students
The following PBDA students were selected for the Florida Elementary All State Chorus: Brooks B., Morgan K., Allison T., Caroline C., and Bella Z.. They were among 1000 students auditioning for 250 spots in the chorus. They will perform on January 10, 2019 in Tampa.
Caroline C. was selected to represent PBDA at the Florida Elementary All State Orff Instrumental Ensemble. She auditioned for both the Chorus and the Orff ensemble and scored in the top in both. She was selected for both and had to choose which one she wanted to perform with. She was among 1000 students auditioning for 100 spots in the ensemble. She will perform on January 11, 2019 in Tampa. We also had a first this year as Jada M. represented our school in the Inagural Southern Regional Orff Ensemble Concert on November 3 and was among the top 150 out of 800 in the state.
We had 3 students who auditioned for the Florida All State Middle School Chorus. Felipe Ma Pinto, Chloe Levine and Reilly Hollern. All three students made it through the first round of auditions and worked very hard to prepare for round 2. The final results are: Felipe Ma Pinto was selected for the Mixed SATB Chorus and Reilly Hollern was selected for the SSA Treble Chorus. They will be representing PBDA in Tampa January 12, 2019 at the All State Middle School Concerts.