Lower Campus Spanish Teacher
The Lower Campus, which houses students age two years old – Grade 3, seeks a Spanish teacher to begin August 2021 for the 2021-2022 school year. Candidate will teach Primary through Grade 3.
Qualified candidates must be a fluent Spanish speaker and have knowledge of language acquisition specifically in early childhood education. This position will begin August 2021. Candidate must be an energetic lifelong learner. In addition, a successful candidate will:
- Have strong interpersonal skills with students, faculty, and the parent community in both English and Spanish
- Have strong organizational and communicative skills
- Be able to create lessons that are student-centered
- Be dedicated to the character development of students
- Evaluate and maintain progress reports for individual student achievement
- Meet the needs of native Spanish-speaking students so that each student can grow in language acquisition
- Demonstrate proficiency in innovative technology to support the curriculum
- Develop and implement creative curriculum and show written evidence of preparation
To be considered for this position qualified candidates will have a:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of full-time teaching experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Interested candidates will email a cover letter, resume, and at least two references to Martha Bjorklund, Head of Lower School, at email@example.com.
Palm Beach Day Academy, established in 1921, is an independent coeducational school, serving students from age 2 to Grade 9 on two campuses. The foundation of PBDA’s program is the education of our students in an academically challenging and compassion-rich environment that guides each child toward personal excellence of mind, body and character. At all levels, our students will be, as our mission states, challenged to excel, empowered to act, and prepared to lead.