Lower School Nurse
Palm Beach Day Academy seeks a Lower School Nurse for the ’20-’21 school year. The role will be located at 1901 South Flagler Drive and report directly to the Head of School. The job of the Lower Campus Nurse is to assess and evaluate the health of students. The Lower Campus Nurse will be responsible for ensuring compliance of all student records, developing and implementing policies and procedures, and identifying areas of improvement to the care of students.
● Provides a student-centered approach to care for all students from Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 3 in the school setting.
● Ensure that all student health records are current, and each student has the proper exams and vaccinations, as required by the State of Florida. Communicate to parents regarding any needed vaccinations, exams, or forms. Maintain all Health Department records/compliance.
● Reviews and updates student electronic health files through the BlackBaud Health Medical Record System.
● Assess students who come to the Health Office, administer first aid, and contact parents when necessary.
● Establish and maintain records of all visits and dispensed medication.
● Oversee the Medication Administration Regulations and ensure compliance with the state of Florida.
● Manages all students with chronic health problems, providing school-based services related to student-specific health care plans, as ordered by a physician.
● Maintain the Health Office, including keeping the treatment rooms hygienic and comfortable, well-stocked and with excellent supervision of students.
● Respond to medical emergency situations.
● Organize the coordination of first aid training across staff.
● Review, revise and implement emergency policies, including in-service health and safety programs for personnel.
● Develops and conducts group education sessions in cooperation with school staff and established curriculum by addressing various preventive health topics such as sleep habits, healthy nutrition and exercise.
● Develop policies and procedures for the Health Office.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability
● Experience as a School Nurse, preferably in an independent school
● Experience working with young children, knowledge of child development.
● In-depth knowledge of Florida State Laws governing nurses and their implementation.
● Licensed as a School Nurse. CPR-trained.
● Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
● A strong work ethic.
● Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
● Adaptability, initiative, and flexibility.
● Attention to detail and accuracy.
● Customer service orientation and interpersonal skills.
● Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
● Good communication skills (verbal and written); excellent grammar and punctuation.
● Integrity; good judgment and decision-making abilities, problem-solving skills, and organizational and planning skills.
● Reliability and confidentiality.
● Skilled at information gathering and data management.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and at least two references to employment@pbdayorg.